Metals are one of the most recyclable materials in the world. However, once made into jewelry, you might not know how to recycle it or where to take it to recycle. We wanted to close the circular loop of jewelry production by helping our customers to do the right thing and get rewarded for it! This is the opportunity for anyone to send us your old fine jewelry to be recycled responsibly and get brand new pieces at a discount.
Your jewelry will be evaluated to make sure it qualifies for the recycling program.
Once approved we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label to ship the jewelry to us.
You will be issued a $35 credit to be used towards your purchase at Washed Ashore.
We will then responsibly recycle your old jewelry.
Fill out the form below or send us a direct email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will evaluate your jewelry. If eligible to be recycled, we will send you a prepaid shipping label to send jewelry to us.
Once you’ve shipped your piece(s) to us, we will issue a $35 credit to be used towards your purchase on www.washedashore.co
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Washed Ashore Jewelry Recycling Program (“Program”) is offered under the following terms and conditions as a sustainable, transparent alternative to the current life cycle of gold and silver jewelry. Under this Program, customers who comply with all the requirements will receive a $35 credit voucher towards the purchase of new Washed Ashore jewelry.
2. To participate in the program a Customer must first complete our Jewelry Recycling Program Form below and accurately provide all of the necessary information. Once submitted, you will receive a pre-paid mailing label that you can print out. Place the jewelry in secure packaging with the mailing label affixed on it and mail to Washed Ashore at 1590 Rosecrans Ave. Suite D-409, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
3. Washed Ashore only issues credit for items of solid gold, fine silver, sterling silver, platinum, and vermeil (gold-plated silver) (“Eligible Jewelry”). Washed Ashore will not accept for recycling gold filled jewelry, brass, or costume jewelry (“Ineligible Jewelry”) and will not issue any credit to the customer in exchange for these items.
4. Title to the Article(s) will remain with you until received by Washed Ashore. Washed Ashore does not claim responsibility for packages during mail transit and is not responsible for any items lost or damaged during shipping.
5. Washed Ashore will have the absolute right, in its sole discretion to determine if an item submitted is considered “Eligible Jewelry” under this program. All jewelry submitted to Washed Ashore under this Program will be recycled or repurposed and will not be returned under any circumstances except as set forth in subparagraph vi herein.
6. Washed Ashore will consider increasing the amount of credit awarded only in the case of solid gold jewelry with over 5 grams of metal. Before mailing such an item the customer must state on the Jewelry Recycling Program Form that it would like to have the item appraised. If the customer is not satisfied with Washed Ashore’s appraisal, the customer can arrange for return of the item at the customer’s expense. For questions, please reach out to Washed Ashore customer support at email@example.com.
7. While Washed Ashore will accepts jewelry containing precious stones, the stones contained in this jewelry will not be evaluated and you will not receive credit for their value. Washed Ashore will dispose of such items as it sees fit. The customer is solely responsible for removing any precious stones from jewelry prior to submitting for recycling.
8. The Article(s) are being delivered for Washed Ashore in the city of Manhattan Beach and State of California and all rights of the parties, including those pertaining to the Article(s) are to be determined in accordance with California law, without regard to the principles of conflict of law. YOU AGREE THAT WASHED ASHORE AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND ITS AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, STATUTORY, SPECIAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT OR OPPORTUNITY), FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE ARTICLE(S), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE
REQUIREMENTS OF USE
You must be (and, by requesting, receiving, or using this Agreement, Washed Ashore Jewelry Recycling Purchase Form or other Washed Ashore materials, sending Washed Ashore any jewelry, or otherwise conducting business with Washed Ashore, you represent and warrant that you are):
- At least 18 years of age, or that you are a least 13 years of age and have the permission of a parent or legal adult guardian
- The actual legal owner of any and all Article(s) submitted to Washed Ashore, and that your Article(s) is free from any and all claims, liens, or any other encumbrances that might adversely affect your ability to send it to us;
- Acting on your own behalf, and not as another’s agent, or representative, and;
- Intending and agreeing to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
Washed Ashore may request documentation or other proof of compliance with any of these requirements.
You agree to and will indemnify and hold harmless Washed Ashore from and against any and all claims, suits, investigations, judgments, liabilities, obligations and damages relating to or arising out of the title to, ownership of or lien on any item(s) or Article(s) submitted or purported or arranged to be submitted by you to Washed Ashore.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, Washed Ashore will have no liability for any Article(s) or packages containing Article(s) while in the possession or custody of any party other than Washed Ashore, including, without limitation, any common carrier, customs authority, postal or delivery service or any other third party.
Every package must be shipped in strict accordance with the Shipping Instructions. Shipping Instructions will be provided to you through our website after successful submission of your information. If you fail to comply with the instructions in any way as determined in Washed Ashore’s sole discretion, Washed Ashore will have and assumes no liability whatsoever for any damage, loss, claim, or insured value arising in connection with the Article.
Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, Washed Ashore will have and assumes no liability whatsoever, whether arising in connection with the use of this Agreement, Jewelry Recycling Program Form, the mail-in service, or other materials or services provided by Washed Ashore, for the loss of any Item(s), or for any other reason. Washed Ashore and its employees and its agents shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, punitive, statutory, special, or other similar damages (including, without limitation, loss of profit or opportunity), with respect to or arising under or related to this Agreement, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. You agree that Washed Ashore is not obligated to defend, indemnify, or hold you harmless in connection with any third party claims, suits or actions brought against you, including, without limitation, claims brought by any article owner.